Thursday, August 27, 2026

Talk at Yale conference

               

From what I read (link), Yale School of Medicine founded a new research center in 2025, named Yale Biomedical Imaging Institute. The institute, apparently having a PET and MR focus, held the first conference in Biomedical Imaging Technology & Translational Science (BITTS) earlier this week. On Tuesday, I gave a presentation on 7T MRI at the GE lunch symposium, to mostly the Yale audience, along with one of my senior GEHC colleague. Audience was engaged, and questions were sincere. It was a good event, and I am very grateful to my colleagues who organized the team, invited me, and gladly provided transportation from upstate New York.

I cannot help but thinking, exactly 10 years ago, I was on the faculty of biomedical engineering, working to establish a brand-new imaging institute in Korea, at Sungkyunkwan university. As I was travelling at that time, the researchers here had travelled to GE and Siemens headquarters to compare their 7T MRI offerings. As in that other place, YBII had young and experienced researchers presenting on their animal imaging, fMRI analysis, multimodal imaging, and MRI physics research. Do the worlds repeat themselves? ... in which people take turns to act different roles? 

I wish every success of the people and the institute of YBII. 

No comments:

Post a Comment